this was really cool
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Explore beautiful dioramas and go through dangerous and trippy labyrinths, in a journey inside the paintings of Enzo Cucchi.
Since the late 70’s, Cucchi has worked with many kinds of techniques and materials, creating a wide and diverse imaginary that has now been transformed into an impossible videogame chimera.
Find your way through 10 unique areas and collect 78 hidden objects to unlock an archive gallery displaying the different set of paintings that inspired the visuals for the game.
- 10 unique levels, each one inspired by different artworks
- A distinctive visual style that plays with different 3D techniques
- A mix of exploration and maze-like gameplay
- 3 different difficulty modes that let you play both relaxed and with tension
- 78 hidden objects to collect and defend from danger
- Each hidden object unlocks a painting in an archive/gallery of Enzo Cucchi’s art
- An electronic/lo-fi soundtrack that will appeal to fans of Boards of Canada, Four Tet, múm, available on bandcamp
Produced by Fantastico Studio and Archivio Enzo Cucchi
Visuals, design and development by Julián Palacios Gechtman
Soundtrack by Skinless Lizard
Sound design by Valerio Arcesi
In-game font: Pixolde by fontenddev.com
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $8 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- 2022 Collection - Free Update22 days ago
- New levels coming soon + new EP from Skinless LizardMar 22, 2022
- Added a "no enemies" game modeMar 12, 2022
- CUCCCHI is out now!Jul 30, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Thank you for great example translation of art media into games media!
Also can you maybe help me out with one question: how did you make effect of rising hills on left and right borders while moving at x-axis? Parallax?
The elements in that scene go up and down based on the distance with the player.
Thanks for playing!
Thank you !
It has such fantastically realized game spaces. I loved the soundtrack and the visuals. The use of billboard sprites and how everything moves around is so fascinating.
Thank you! It was fun using techniques I had never used before and trying to achieve something different with each level.
Can't wait to experience this!