A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Promesa is a personal project born from a family conversation, where you wander through dreams and memories emerging from a dialogue between a grandfather and his grandchild.
While listening to someone trying to remember their experiences, past and present blend together, forming a stream of images that are both personal and shared.
From memories of homes and streets to surreal visions of imaginary places, Promesa is a contemplative experience about what happens when we’re left dreaming of the things we haven’t lived firsthand.
- A slow and relaxing experience focused on contemplative exploration.
- Every playthrough (of approximately 45 minutes) is different and it takes more than one to see all the scenes.
- A distinct visual style that mixes pixel graphics with high-def light.
- Visit dreamlike environments inspired by Argentinian and Italian cities.
- A personal project born after a few conversations I had with my grandfather and made by a small team of 4 people.
- An acoustic soundtrack that uses many different instruments: from piano and double-bass, to zither and harmonium.
Promesa has been selected at the following festivals/exhibitions:
Visuals, design and development by Julián Palacios.
- Domiziano Maselli - Soundtrack and sound design
- Andrea Cedraro - Additional 3D artist
- Martín Palacios - Animation
Thanks for their help to:
- Jasper Meiners - Additional graphics, clarinet recordings
- Pablo Palacios - End theme and video footage
- Stefano Sanitate - Additional programming
- Manuel Cattaneo - Additional graphics
- Translations - Pablo Palacios, Martín Palacios, Cecilia Gechtman, Arnar Mar Gunnarsson
Full sounds and assets credits inside the game.
|Updated||1 day ago|
|Release date||41 days ago|
|Tags||artgame, Atmospheric, Dreams, Experimental, Mystery, Narrative, Relaxing, Surreal, Walking simulator|
|Average session||About an hour|
|Languages||English, Spanish; Castilian, Spanish; Latin America, Italian|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $5 USD. You will get access to the following files: